Wednesday 29 January 2014

Blog Entry 5 - Intended Target Audience.

My Drama will be aired on ITV. This is because ITV is home to some of the most diverse and innovative content, featuring a mix of entertainment, movies, music, comedy and drama. The channel has a strong presence online where viewers catch up and also on social media networks with almost half a million followers on Twitter. ITV reaches 36% of individuals and 62% of 16 - 34 year olds each month.

It is for this reason that my intended target audience would be 16 - 34 year olds as I believe they would be the most likely to continuously watch and enjoy my Drama. The individuals in this age group are also old enough to be able to understand and enjoy the graphical content of the Drama, which would most likely take place after the watershed. Fans of the Crime and Horror genres are more likely to watch my Drama as it features conventions of these Genres. My Drama may be gender weighted towards Males, although there is a growing population of Females who watch crime dramas so it could be balanced more evenly between both genders.

The main psychographic profile of my intended target audience would be the Struggler group as they value violent, physical escapism as my Drama features a lot of violence and bloodshed. It also gives them a chance to become the detective and try to work out the enigmas.



 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment